- Snowman from Toronto, Canada
- Android, iOS
- Release Date
- Spring 2023
- Press Inquiries
Master the art of flying. Dive off mountains, weave across forests and glide over rivers to unlock new abilities as you explore a vast, peaceful world.
Use the ancient power of the Windfolk’s enchanted capes to hone your skills, take on challenges and fly through obstacle courses that will make your heart soar. Explore an expansive island in this open world wingsuit adventure.
Snowman is a small studio at the center of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, our goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time but that sit with you for a long while.
Founded in 2012, Snowman made their debut with the release of the to-do app Checkmark and later went on to launch Shifts, Circles and Super Squares.
Shortly after, they worked with Land & Sea on the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure and Alto’s Odyssey. Special editions of the original games were later brought to Apple Arcade with Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City releasing in 2021 and Alto’s Adventure: The Spirit of the Mountain in 2022.
Snowman also worked with The Game Band to release Where Cards Fall as well as with Agens on Skate City in conjunction with the launch of Apple Arcade in September 2019. Both games are now also available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, The Epic Games Store and Steam.
In September 2022, Snowman launched their first partnership with Netflix in the vertically-scrolling platformer, Lucky Luna. Laya’s Horizon is now available for players on both iOS and Android through Netflix’s streaming service.
- Flying at your fingertips: Inspired by the real-world sport of wingsuiting, the position of Laya’s arms change the shape of her cape just like a bird’s wings. Move your thumbs independently or together to steer, boost, rise and dive using tactile, intuitive controls.
- Endless exploration: Cut through the air in high-speed races and try not to crash as you carefully maneuver through challenging obstacle courses. If you’re in the mood for a relaxing adventure, simply enjoy the beauty of the island and fly without a goal. Drift down from your sky-high perch to soak up all that it has to offer.
- Complete challenges, upgrade your skills: This game is filled with more than 50 exciting missions from many characters, over 40 challenge levels and more than 100 collectables to keep you flying. Unlock capes and charms to help boost your abilities. Unlock capes and charms to help boost your abilities.
- High risk, high reward: Power your flight by flying boldly. Fly close to everything — from hot air balloons to snowy slopes — this will allow you to absorb the island’s energy and keep flying fast. If you feel a drop in energy, simply dip low and close to your environment to collect sparks and boost.
- Find your own unique way to fly: Discover a unique set of flying abilities as you unlock enchanted capes and charms on your journey. Try out different equipment combinations to increase boost speeds, conserve energy and improve maneuverability.
- Get lost in beautiful horizons and lush lands: From the winding rivers of the Highlands to the towering rock formations of Stone Forest, each patch of terrain offers a distinct flying experience. Weave through narrow caves filled with ancient ruins, skim over massive waves, dodge raging geysers and so much more.
- Meet interactive characters: An eclectic group of people, the Windfolk are as diverse as the land they live on making meeting them as interesting as discovering the island itself.
- Exclusive music and calming design: Original music and handcrafted audio welcome you into the world of the Windfolk. Adaptive audio matches the movement and intensity of your flying for a totally immersive experience. Enjoy an orchestral score that provides the perfect ambience to your flight and environment.
LayasHorizon_Screenshots.zip (9 screenshots)
LayasHorizon_GameArt.zip (4 images)
Logos and Icon